LandShark “Margaritaville” CONTEST
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
Contest Sponsor: Waterloo Brewing LTD. (“Contest Sponsor” or “Waterloo Brewing LTD.”)
The contest period for the Waterloo Brewing – LANDSHARK LAGER "MARGARITAVILLE" contest (the "Contest") period begins on April 9, 2023 at 12:01 am Eastern Standard Time ("EST") and ends September 29, 2023 at 11:59pm EST ("Contest Closing Date").
HOW TO PLAY: To enter into the contest you may either:
Submit on-line at www.landsharklager.ca/contest a PIN number that has been included inside each specially marked six (6) and fifteen (15) can packs of Landshark Lager or use your Smartphone to scan the QR CODE located on the pack along with your name, age, address (including city, province and postal code), e-mail address, plus day and evening telephone numbers; or
No purchase necessary; submit a letter in 500 words or more, telling Waterloo Brewing “what ‘fins up’ means to you”, along with your name, age, address (including city, province and postal code) e-mail address, plus day and evening telephone numbers. Submissions may be made on-line at www.landsharklager.ca or via mail to Waterloo Brewing Ltd., 400 Bingemans Centre Drive, Kitchener, Ontario, N2B 3X9 attention “LANDSHARK LAGER MARGARITAVILLE CONTEST”. All entries must be received by the Contest Closing Date and must be readily legible. A maximum of (1) one entry, per day, will be permitted. To be eligible for each draw, eligible entries must be received by the applicable draw date.
ELIGIBILITY: This Contest is only open to residents of Canada (Excluding Quebec and all Territories), who are twenty-one (21) years of age or over at the time of entry. Employees of Waterloo Brewing Ltd. and its affiliated companies, agents, advertising, and promotional agencies, and the Contest Judges and all those with whom they are domiciled are excluded from participating in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations. Potential winners may be requested to provide proof of identification and eligibility.
There are ten (10) Grand Prizes available to be won, each consisting
- One (1) trip for two (2) to Hollywood, Florida, USA (the “Destination”) departing on November 17, 2023 and returning on November 20, 2023 which shall include:
- I. Round-trip economy airfare for the Grand Prize Winner and their guest (the “Guest”) leaving together from the same gateway, on the same itinerary, from a major Canadian airport (airport to be approved by Waterloo Brewing) to the Destination; (transportation not included to and from airports)
- II. Three (3) nights standard hotel accommodation at the Margaritaville Hollywood Beach Resort in Hollywood Florida for the Grand Prize Winner and Guest based on double occupancy unless otherwise indicated; and
- III. All hotel and departure taxes.
- (Each of the ten (10) grand prize shall be referred to as a “Grand Prize”). Total approximate retail value of each Grand Prize is $3,300.00 CAD (inclusive of applicable sales taxes). The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or exchanged and has no cash surrender value. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize or a portion of the Grand Prize for whatever reason. The Contest Sponsor will not be responsible for damages, cancellations or other factors beyond the Contest Sponsor's reasonable control which prevent the Grand Prize or part of the Grand Prize from being fulfilled. In such event, the Winner will not be provided with a substitute prize or cash equivalent. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION:
There will be one (1) random draw conducted at the end of the
contest period. On or about the following date, October 9, 2023; ten (10) entrants;
(the "Selected Entrants") will be selected in a random draw from all eligible entries
received at the time of draw, in Kitchener, Ontario, under the supervision of contest
judges ("Contest Judges") selected by Waterloo Brewing.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Selected Entrants must comply with all Contest Rules and are required to correctly answer, unaided, time-limited a mathematically skill-testing question by telephone at a pre-determined mutually convenient time, in order to be declared a winner (each a “Winner”).
- CONDITIONS AND RELEASE:
- (a) Winners and Guests must be available to travel from November 17, 2023 through November 20, 2023. Should a Winner and/or Guest be unable to travel on the dates and times designated by the Contest Sponsor, the Grand Prize will be forfeited.
- (b) Winners and Guests will be responsible for all incidental costs and expenses not explicitly included in the Grand Prize, including without limitation, transportation to and from originating and return airports, travel and medical insurance, travel documentation, airport improvement fees, bag check fees, taxes, gratuities, telephone calls, in-room charges, meals, beverages, souvenirs, attractions and any other expense not explicitly included in the Grand Prize. Winners may be required to present a valid major credit card upon check-in at the hotel to cover any expenses over and above the standard room charge. The Contest Sponsor shall not assume any liability or incur any costs in relation to section 6(b) herein.
- (c) Winners and Guests must (i) be twenty-one (21) years of age or older, (ii) be legally able to travel to and from the Destination, (iii) have any and all necessary documentation as may be required for presentation to Canadian and/or International customs and airport personnel, (iv) comply with the Contest Rules and (v) sign and return the Release (described below).
- (d) Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and the Contest Sponsor shall have no obligation to provide either an alternative or value-in-kind. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Grand Prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
- (e) The Contest Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Grand Prizes.
- (f) Selected Entrants will be contacted by telephone at the telephone number indicated on their entry within five (5) business days of the draw. Selected Entrants must each return a signed declaration and release of liability and publicity consent form (the “Release”) within a specified period of time. Selected Entrants that cannot be contacted within five (5) business days or who fail to return the signed Release within a specified period of time will be disqualified, will no longer be eligible to win a Grand Prize, and a new entrant will be chosen in a random draw to replace the disqualified person as a Selected Entrant. If a Selected Entrant cannot be reached within three (3) business days of the first phone call made, and after a minimum of three (3) call attempts by the Contest Judges or if a Selected Entrant declines the prize, or does not otherwise comply with these Contest Rules ("Rules"), another random draw will be conducted to select a replacement Selected Entrant in the same manner.
- (g) If the identity of an on-line entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected entry. All entries must be submitted from a valid e-mail account that may be identified by reverse domain name search. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- (h) In the event there is a dispute as to the identity of an on-line entrant, the Contest Sponsor's decision is in their sole discretion and will be deemed final and without appeal in all matters related to this Contest and the awarding of the Grand Prize(s).
- (i) The Contest Sponsor is not liable if travel is delayed, impeded or refused by any air carrier, hotel provider or government authorities (domestic or foreign) for any reason, including but not limited to any COVID-19 advisory and/or any regional travel restrictions that may apply. Please consult all guidelines (local, provincial, and federal, airline, destination country) for all travel restrictions including but not limited to COVID-19 prior to booking or participating in travel experiences.
- USE OF WINNER’S NAME, LIKENESS:
By entering this Contest, each entrant consents
to the use of their name, city of residence, and/or likeness in any publicity carried out
by the Contest Sponsor and their respective advertising and promotional agencies,
and agents without further notice or compensation. All entries become the property
of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
No communications will be entered into except with the Selected Entrants who will be notified by telephone.
- OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES:
All entries become property of the Contest Sponsor which
assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged, illegible or misdirected
ballots or entries that have been submitted through illicit means, or do not conform
to or satisfy these rules or for failure of the website during the contest period, for any
problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any
email or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination
thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer
related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the contest. The
Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend any
portion of this Contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable
control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the security or proper administration of the
Contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should
such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies
and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or
advertising this Contest.
By entering this Contest, the entrant consents to the collection of, and agrees to use of, his or her personal information by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding prizes and other promotional purposes. The entrant will be provided the option to opt in and receive additional promotional information according to the Terms and Conditions at the time of contest entry. By choosing this option the entrant acknowledges that he or she may receive additional promotional information from the Contest Sponsor or select third parties, from time to time via the e-mail address provided for entry into the Contest.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
By entering this Contest, entrants irrevocably and
unconditionally forever release, indemnify and hold harmless, Waterloo Brewing Ltd.,
its officers, directors, employees, agents, and advertising and promotional agencies
from any liability in connection with (i) this Contest, (ii) participation in any Contest
related activities, (iii) any travel related to or required as a result of entry in the
Contest, and/or,(iv) if declared a Winner, the operation, use and/or misuse of the
Grand Prize or any portion of the Grand Prize, including without limiting the foregoing
any claims or damages of any kind for personal injury, death, property damage and/or
any defect or malfunction of the Grand Prize. This Contest will run in accordance with
these Rules, subject to amendment by the Contest Sponsor. Contest Sponsor reserves
the right to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or the Rules at any time
in its sole discretion and without further notice. Entrants must comply with these
Rules, and will be deemed to have received and understood the Rules if they
participate in the Contest.
All entrants acknowledge and agree that the LCBO, The Beer Store and the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (“AGCO”), are not connected to this contest in any manner whatsoever and are not liable in any way for any matter related to this contest.
- PRIVACY: The Contest Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Contest Sponsor to administer the Contest and fulfill any prize requirements and, only if consent is given at the time of entry, to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming promotions and/or events from the Contest Sponsor.
PIN numbers that are obtained from unauthorized sources, are not original,
or are illegible, altered, reproduced, stolen, counterfeit, irregular, or contain printing
or other errors are not valid. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, falsified
or ineligible LANDSHARK PIN numbers. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final.
The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any errors in the offer or administration of this Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, the Contest Rules, the selection and announcement of Winners or the distribution of prizes. The contest is subject to and intended to comply with all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws, and to the extent any provision of the contest does not comply with such laws such provision shall be void.
By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the contest rules and decisions of the Contest Sponsor which are final.